What Offshore Safety Measures Protect Me at My Job?
You are probably already aware that working on an offshore oil rig or in the maritime industries is risky business. You have probably sat through numerous safety trainings in an attempt to help keep you safe. The value of prevention was probably emphasized in many of these trainings and its importance cannot be underestimated. Safety on a rig is a two-way street. Your employer has certain responsibilities and you have some responsibilities for your own safety too. Let’s look at some things that you and your employer can do to make maritime activities safer.
What are some things your employer should do?
- Keep equipment maintained and in good working order
- Anticipate known hazards and take preventative measures to protect workers
- Follow all Federal, state, and industry safety guidelines
- Provide adequate training for workers regarding safety practices and emergency procedures
- Provide proper personal protective equipment and instruct workers on how to use it
What are some things you should do?
- Attend and pay attention to safety training sessions and meetings
- Report any hazards or unsafe practices that you see to your supervisor
- Become knowledgeable about the hazards on the worksite and how to prevent accidents
- Make sure that you know what to do in case of an emergency
- Know how to wear your personal protective equipment properly and wear it
- Stay alert and be aware of your environment at all times
What should you do if you are injured?
No one wants to think about the possibility of an accident occurring, but if it does Louisiana accident lawyers are the first call that you should make when you are able. Louisiana injury attorneys experienced in the Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act. Hiring a Louisiana worker’s compensation lawyeris the best way to assure that you receive proper compensation so that you can get back to your most important job, getting well.
Our Worker's Compensation Attorney
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any work related accident or injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC., located in Opelousas, Louisiana can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.
If you have been in an work related accident, do not hesitate to get help.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered.