Staying Safe on the Job Reduces the Need for Workers’ Compensation
Photo Credit: Story Blocks
Workers’ Compensation laws ensure that people who suffer job-related injuries or illnesses are properly compensated for their pain, suffering, lost wages and other financial hardships. At Morrow, Gates and Morrow, our attorneys have a great deal of experience in helping clients to receive the Workers’ Compensation benefits they deserve.
However, we also believe that everyone in the workforce can benefit by being safety-conscious and making every effort to avoid on-the-job injuries. Following is a list a job safety tips that can help to reduce workplace accidents.
- Safety Manual – If your employer provides a safety manual, you should read the entire document and follow regulations to the letter. Safety manuals are important and should be taken seriously.
- Stay Alert – If your work environment includes potentially hazardous areas and situations, it’s vital that you pay attention at all times and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Report Unsafe Conditions – If you become aware of unsafe practices or hazardous situations on the job, you should report this immediately to your supervisor in order to avoid potential accidents.
- Utilize Safety Equipment – If safety equipment (such as hard hats, goggles, gloves, ear plugs, etc.) is provided by your employer, you should always utilize these items to protect yourself.
- Take a Break – Many workplace accidents occur because an employee is tired and not fully alert to their surroundings. You should take regular breaks to help you stay fresh and focused on the job at hand.If You’re Injured on the Job, You Need Legal Representation
If you have suffered an injury or illness related to your job, you need an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney to ensure that your rights are protected and you receive the compensation and benefits you deserve. Contact Morrow, Gates & Morrow at (337) 942-6529 – and let our attorneys put their experience and expertise to work on your Workers’ Compensation case.
If your Workers’ Comp claim has been denied, we can help.
If you suffered a work-related injury but your Workers’ Comp claim or benefits have been wrongfully denied, our attorneys are here to help. We have a great deal of experience and knowledge of the rules and nuances of Workers’ Compensation law. We will work closely with you and give you the individualized attention needed to get the Workers’ Comp benefits you deserve.
Disclaimer: The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.
Our Worker's Compensation Attorney
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any work related accident or injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC., located in Opelousas, Louisiana can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.
If you have been in an work related accident, do not hesitate to get help.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered. The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.