"faxNumber": "3379484364", "telePhone": "3379426529",

What to Do After a Car Accident

You’ve just been in a car accident off Highway 190 around Opelousas, LA. Your nerves are rattled, and you’re not sure what to do. Follow the three C’s to make sure you’re taken care of now and in the future:

  1. Check for safety – Look around and make sure you are in a safe place. Do not get out of the car if it is not safe. If it’s a minor accident, pull your car over to the side of the road and out of the way of traffic. Check yourself and passengers for injuries. Call 911 if necessary.
  2. Collect information – Once you know that you and your passengers are ok, check on the other car(s) involved in the accident. Take pictures of all cars involved and the scene of the accident. Exchange insurance and contact information with other driver(s). Get contact information for any witnesses.
  3. Call an experienced local car accident lawyer – Your lawyer’s job is to protect you from issues both big and small. If there is confusion on who caused the accident, you want an experienced attorney in your corner. If anyone is injured, you need a lawyer in case of medical bills down or loss of wages in the future. Unfortunately, insurance companies don’t always act with your best interests in mind. Hiring a lawyer can ensure that you are protected from your or the other driver’s insurer. An experienced lawyer can also go over your policy with you and help with confusing paperwork associated with your claim. Whether your problems are big or small, you need a car accident lawyer from Morrow, Gates & Morrow in Opelousas.

When you are involved in a car crash, you need someone with experience to guide you through the aftermath. The lawyers at Morrow Gates & Morrow are dedicated and knowledgeable, and will take care of you. Contact us today!

Our Personal Injury Attorneys

James "Jim" S Gates, Personal Injury Attorney
John Michael Morrow,Jr, Personal Injury Attorney
William "Will" P Morrow, Personal Injury Attorney

Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.

If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.

Contact Us

    View our Privacy Policy.
  • Please do not submit confidential information.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Automobile, Trucking, Motorcyle Accident Guide

Guidelines to follow if you are involved in an accident.


(337) 942-6529 - telephone
(866) 942-6529 - toll free
(337) 948-4364 - fax

Business Hours

Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed

Service Areas

We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida

Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered. The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.