Tips for Avoiding Drunk Driving Accidents
It’s a sad fact that automobile accidents involving drunk drivers kill approximately 29 people every day in the United States. And the truth is that all of these accidents are preventable. Following are ways you can avoid drunk driving to protect yourself and others.
- Designated Driver – If you are going to be consuming alcohol away from home, make sure to bring along a non-drinking designated driver to bring you home safely.
- Ask for a Ride – If you’re intoxicated and it’s time to go home, call a friend to pick you up and drive you home.
- Use Uber or a Taxi – Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to get a ride. Use your cell to contact Uber or order up an old-fashioned taxi. It’s worth a few bucks to get home safely.
- Take the Keys – If you see a drunk or impaired friend attempting to drive, simply take away their keys. Sure, they’ll probably get mad at you, but allowing them to drive drunk and hurt themselves or others is far worse.
- Party Safely – If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, make sure to also provide plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages like soda, fruit juice and good old water. You should also pay attention to your guests’ behavior and arrange transportation for anyone who is impaired (Uber, a taxi or a volunteer sober driver).
Injured By a Drunk Driver? Get an Attorney Immediately.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, it’s important that you get legal representation immediately. The attorneys at Morrow, Gates and Morrow have a great deal of experience in handling drunk driving personal injury cases. Contact us today at (337) 942-6529 to ensure that you get the expert legal assistance you need to obtain justice and fair compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.
If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered.