Slippin N’ Slidin right into a Personal Injury Case
Many people would be surprised if they knew the seriousness of injuries related to slip and fall accidents. Fractured wrists, hips, and ankles are the most common injuries associated with these falls, followed closely by head and neck injuries, tailbone injuries, and lacerations.
Property owners and business managers have an obligation to people who enter their property to keep it safe for use. This means that if they know that there is an issue that could cause harm they need to fix it immediately. Placing up warning signs does not eliminate responsibility on the part of the owner or manager.
Placing a wet floor sign near a doorway when it rains, for example, does not eliminate responsibility of the owner if someone should fall. While the sign does indicate that the floor may be wet, it is still their responsibility to take the necessary steps to keep the floor as dry and safe as possible.
A slip and fall injury is very serious and the person who is injured has the right to seek compensation for their medical care and financial losses. Anyone who has been injured in a slip and fall event is encouraged to speak with personal injury attorneys in Opelousas LA about the accident.
Protecting Your Rights
The Law Offices of Morrow Gates & Morrow encourage anyone who has been injured in a slip and fall accident to do the following:
- File an official report with the property manager or owner at the time.
- Take pictures if possible of the place where you were hurt, your injuries, and the surrounding area.
- Ask anyone who witnessed the fall for their personal information to be contacted later.
- Request immediate medical care, even if the injuries initially seem minor.
- Speak to personal injury attorneys in Opelousas LA as soon as your health has been stabilized.
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Morrow Gates & Morrow will aggressively represent your case and secure the compensation that you are entitled to for your injury and losses.