Six Basic Safety Tips for All Hunters
Louisiana is known as the Sportsman’s Paradise, and a big reason why is that we have so many hunters in our state. Sadly, that means that we also have hunting accidents from time to time. Most hunters know the basic safety rules by heart – but if you’re new to the sport (or just need a refresher) you might benefit from the hunting safety tips we’ve provided here.
1) Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded – and never point a gun at anything that you don’t intend to shoot.
2) Never climb anything with a loaded rifle – that includes deer stands, trees, ladders and fences.
3) If hunting from a tree stand, wear a safety harness at ALL times – while climbing up, while you’re hunting, and while you’re climbing down.
4) It’s vital that you not only clearly identify your target before shooting, but also know what’s behind the target. That’s important because many projectiles can travel for long distances beyond your target.
5) Use extra caution when removing your firearms from your truck and also while stowing them back in your vehicle. Believe it or not, many firearm accidents occur while hunters are performing these seemingly mundane actions.
6) Always tell someone where you are going to be and when you’ll be coming home before leaving to hunt.
If You’re Injured in a Hunting accident, Contact Morrow, Gates & Morrow
If you or a loved one are injured in a hunting accident, the attorneys at Morrow, Gates & Morrow can help ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries. Our team has experience handling cases involving hunting accidents and will guide you through the legal process while fighting hard to protect your rights.
Disclaimer: The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.
If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered.