What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident

photo: rider by his motorcycle

Photo Credit: Adobe Stock

If you have the misfortune to be injured in a traffic accident while riding a motorcycle, there are a number of things that you should do in order to protect your rights. After all, it’s very important that you be properly compensated for pain and suffering, lost time at work, medical bills and any other expenses caused by the accident. The following list can help you handle the situation properly.

Get Medical Treatment – Your health is the most important thing of all, so you should go to the hospital immediately for medical treatment. In some cases, you may seem to be uninjured, but may begin experiencing pain hours or even days after the accident. If that’s the case, see your doctor as soon as possible.

Call Your Insurance Company – You will need to call your insurance company to report the accident. However, it is best not to give them a statement, even if they ask. Dealing with your insurance company in a case such as this is best left to your attorney.

Gather Documents – You need to review your insurance documents and make sure that you know the parameters of your policy. You’ll also need to get the insurance information of the driver of the other vehicle and obtain the police report of your accident.

Contact an Attorney – Being injured in an accident can result in a wide range of problems, both physical and financial. It’s important that you contact an experienced attorney to ensure that your rights are protected and you get the compensation you deserve.

Injured in a Motorcycle accident? Contact Morrow, Gates and Morrow today.

If you or someone you love was injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to get legal assistance ASAP. At Morrow, Gates and Morrow, our attorneys have a great deal of experience in handling cases specifically involving motorcycles. We’ll guide you through the legal process step by step while fighting to get the compensation you deserve.

Our Personal Injury Attorneys

James "Jim" S Gates, Personal Injury Attorney
John Michael Morrow,Jr, Personal Injury Attorney
William "Will" P Morrow, Personal Injury Attorney

Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.

If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.

Contact Us

  • By submitting this form, you are agreeing to our privacy policy. Please do not submit confidential information.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Automobile, Trucking, Motorcyle Accident Guide

Guidelines to follow if you are involved in an accident.


(337) 942-6529 - telephone
(866) 942-6529 - toll free
(337) 948-4364 - fax

Business Hours

Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed

Service Areas

We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida

Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates & Morrow does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered.

The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.