5 Most Common Distractions for Teen Drivers
- Phone calls: No matter how well you multitask, phone calls are a distraction when you’re driving. Contrary to being similar to having a passenger in the car, a phone call involves an individual in another location with no situational awareness to know when to stop talking so the driver can focus.
- Friends: It’s hard to concentrate when a group of boisterous teens are in a car. And when the driver is a teen who wants to be part of the fun, it can add a whole new element of danger.
- Loud music: The ability to hear sirens, tires screeching and horns beeping is a vital part of safe driving. Loud music distracts teens from hearing nearby cues for caution.
- Texts: It might seem obvious that reading and writing texts is not an activity to enjoy while driving, but it’s something that many teens do–and are distracted by.
- Food and drink: Fiddling with wrappers, straws, and cup holders and trying to eat and drink while driving is a big distraction that teens should be taught to avoid.
In addition to getting apps that stop phone calls and texts while driving, make sure your teen knows how big an issue distracted driving is. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, as many as 3,477 people died due to distracted driving in 2015.
No matter how bad the damage or injury, if you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident with a distracted driver, it’s good to have the help of our car accident lawyers here at Morrow Gates & Morrow LLC. in Opelousas, LA
An experienced Louisiana injury attorney can fight to get you the money you may be entitled to for medical care, lost wages and other damages, helping you get your life in order after a distracted driver impacts your family.
Need a personal injury attorney due to an accident?
Put your trust in Morrow, Gates and Morrow.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Morrow, Gates & Morrow our attorneys are highly experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury, work accident or to file an appeal for Social Security Disability. Morrow, Gates & Morrow can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible for injuries from accidents.
If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.