Stephen is an experienced Social Security & Worker’s Compensation Lawyer located in Opelousas, LA and serves all of Louisiana.
Stephen M. Morrow, Sr. (Stephen) attended the University of Southwestern Louisiana and graduated with his degree in Business Administration in 1975. Between 1975 and 1982 Stephen was a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for various pharmaceutical companies. After graduation from Southern University Law School in 1985, with Honors, Stephen founded the firm of Morrow Law Offices in Opelousas, LA in 1989.
His practice has been devoted for over three decades to the representation of injured workers, and their families, involving worker’s compensation, social security, automobile accidents, industrial accidents, and offshore injury claims.
Stephen is a member of the St. Landry Parish Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association and Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Mr. Morrow has served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the St. Landry Parish Bar Association.
Stephen was born and raised in Arnaudville, LA, is the father of four children, and is married to the Honorable Sharon M. Morrow, retired Worker’s Compensation Administrative Law Judge.
Voted top lawyers in the Acadiana Area by his Peers 2014, 2018 and 2019
- Admitted to Louisiana Bar in 1986, member no. 17333
- Admitted to practice before the Eastern, Western and Middle U.S. District Courts
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Preparatory Education
- University of Southwestern Louisiana (Now University of Louisiana- Lafayette), B.S. in Business Administration, 1975
- Southern University Law School, Juris Doctorate 1985
- American Bar Association Member
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association (Secretary- Treasurer 1991-1992; Vice President 1992-1993; President 1993-1994)
Honors / Achievements
Recognized as a Top Lawyer in the area of Worker’s Compensation Law in Acadiana, as published in Acadiana Profile magazine, February/March 2014 edition, April/May 2018 edition and again in the April/May 2020 edition;
Recognized as an Honored Member of Who’s Who in practicing attorneys. 1989;
Honored by Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 1999‑2000, as an individual who has Demonstrated Leadership and Achievement in their Occupation, Industry and Profession, 1999‑2000
St Landry – Evangeline United Way – 2018 Board Member of the Year, President, 2020.
Board member, Acadiana Symphony Orchestra
Board member, St. Landry Parish Charter School