Stephen M Morrow, Sr, Social Security Disability & Worker’s Compensation Lawyer
Stephen M Morrow, Sr
Stephen is an experienced Social Security & Worker's Compensation Lawyer located in Opelousas, LA and serves all of Louisiana.
SMMSR. Voted top lawyers in the Acadiana Area by his Peers 2019
Acadiana's Top Lawyers 2019
Stephen M. Morrow, Sr. (Stephen) attended the University of Southwestern Louisiana and graduated with his degree in Business Administration in 1975. Between 1975 and 1982 Stephen was a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for various pharmaceutical companies. After graduation from Southern University Law School in 1985, with Honors, Stephen founded the firm of Morrow Law Offices in Opelousas, LA in 1989.
His practice has been devoted for over three decades to the representation of injured workers, and their families, involving worker’s compensation, social security, automobile accidents, industrial accidents, and offshore injury claims.
Stephen is a member of the St. Landry Parish Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association and Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Mr. Morrow has served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice-President, and President of the St. Landry Parish Bar Association.
Stephen was born and raised in Arnaudville, LA, is the father of four children, and is married to the Sharon M. Morrow, retired Worker’s Compensation Administrative Law Judge.
- Admitted to Louisiana Bar in 1986, member no. 17333
- Admitted to practice before the Eastern, Western and Middle U.S. District Courts
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Preparatory Education
- University of Southwestern Louisiana (Now University of Louisiana- Lafayette), B.S. in Business Administration, 1975
- Southern University Law School, Juris Doctorate 1985
- American Bar Association Member
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association (Secretary- Treasurer 1991-1992; Vice President 1992-1993; President 1993-1994)
- Recognized as a Top Lawyer in the area of Worker’s Compensation Law in Acadiana, as published in Acadiana Profile magazine, February/March 2014 edition and again in the April/May 2018 edition;
- Recognized as an Honored Member of Who’s Who in practicing attorneys. 1989;
- Honored by Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 1999-2000, as an individual who has Demonstrated Leadership and Achievement in their Occupation, Industry and Profession, 1999-2000
- St Landry – Evangeline United Way – 2018 Board Member of the Year
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates and Morrow, LLC. does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered. The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.