John Michael Morrow, Jr, Personal Injury Lawyer
John Michael is an experienced Personal Injury Attorney located in Opelousas, LA and serves all of Louisiana
About John Michael
John Michael graduated from Buchholtz High School in Gainsville, Florida. He graduated from Louisiana State University in 1994 and graduated from law school in 1998 (Juris Doctor) and was admitted to practice law in the state of Louisiana in 1999.
He is admitted to and a member of the American Bar Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Louisiana State Bar Association, member of the American Bar Association and section member of Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Law, the Lafayette Parish Bar Association, the St. Landry Parish Bar Association and the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys.
John Michael clerked for the Honorable Frank McGee in St. Landry Parish, Opelousas, Louisiana, from 1999 to 2000.
John Michael is currently a partner of Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. He has been practicing personal injury in Louisiana since 1999, working with lawyers on injury claims in Texas, Florida, Mississippi and Alabama, as well.
John Michael concentrates on automobile, motorcycle and trucking accidents. Some of the settlements and/or verdicts he has obtained with the assistance of his partners, Stephen M Morrow, Sr, James S Gates and associate William P Morrow are in excess of $20,000,000.
John Michael has assisted people throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas and Florida who have injured their spines and sustained head trauma including brain injuries, as well as prosecuted wrongful death and survival action claims.
John Michael is admitted to practice in both state and federal courts in Louisiana.
John Michael has extensive training in class-action procedures for injured plaintiffs including remediation, diminution of property value and loss of income as a result of mass tort.
John Michael was born in Eunice, Louisiana and is married to Shelly Morrow. They are the proud parents of their son, Mike Morrow III.
Voted top lawyers in the Acadiana Area by his Peers 2019
Acadiana’s Top Lawyers 2019
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
J.D. – 1998
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
B.A. – 1994
Major: English & Political Science
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Louisiana Association for Justice, the Auto Tort and Insurance sections, Member, 1999 – Present
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association, Member, 1999 – Present
- St. Landry Parish Bar Association, Member, 1999 – Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1999 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999 – Present
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, Member since 2018
- American Bar Association Litigation Section Member, 2013 – Present
- American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Section Member, 2013 – Present
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorney, Member since 2018