Tips for Avoiding Drunk Driving Accidents
Photo Credit: Story Blocks
It’s a sad fact that automobile accidents involving drunk drivers kill approximately 29 people every day in the United States. And the truth is that all of these accidents are preventable. Following are ways you can avoid drunk driving to protect yourself and others.
- Designated Driver – If you are going to be consuming alcohol away from home, make sure to bring along a non-drinking designated driver to bring you home safely.
- Ask for a Ride – If you’re intoxicated and it’s time to go home, call a friend to pick you up and drive you home.
- Use Uber or a Taxi – Nowadays, it’s easier than ever to get a ride. Use your cell to contact Uber or order up an old-fashioned taxi. It’s worth a few bucks to get home safely.
- Take the Keys – If you see a drunk or impaired friend attempting to drive, simply take away their keys. Sure, they’ll probably get mad at you, but allowing them to drive drunk and hurt themselves or others is far worse.
- Party Safely – If you’re hosting a party where alcohol will be served, make sure to also provide plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages like soda, fruit juice and good old water. You should also pay attention to your guests’ behavior and arrange transportation for anyone who is impaired (Uber, a taxi or a volunteer sober driver).
Injured By a Drunk Driver? Get an Attorney Immediately.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, it’s important that you get legal representation immediately. The attorneys at Morrow, Gates and Morrow have a great deal of experience in handling drunk driving personal injury cases. Contact us today at (337) 942-6529 to ensure that you get the experienced legal assistance you need to obtain justice and fair compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
Need a personal injury attorney due to an accident?
Put your trust in Morrow, Gates and Morrow.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Morrow, Gates & Morrow our attorneys are highly experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.