Six Basic Safety Tips for All Hunters
Photo Credit: Adobe Stock
Louisiana is known as the Sportsman’s Paradise, and a big reason why is that we have so many hunters in our state. Sadly, that means that we also have hunting accidents from time to time. Most hunters know the basic safety rules by heart – but if you’re new to the sport (or just need a refresher) you might benefit from the hunting safety tips we’ve provided here.
1) Always treat every firearm as if it is loaded – and never point a gun at anything that you don’t intend to shoot.
2) Never climb anything with a loaded rifle – that includes deer stands, trees, ladders and fences.
3) If hunting from a tree stand, wear a safety harness at ALL times – while climbing up, while you’re hunting, and while you’re climbing down.
4) It’s vital that you not only clearly identify your target before shooting, but also know what’s behind the target. That’s important because many projectiles can travel for long distances beyond your target.
5) Use extra caution when removing your firearms from your truck and also while stowing them back in your vehicle. Believe it or not, many firearm accidents occur while hunters are performing these seemingly mundane actions.
6) Always tell someone where you are going to be and when you’ll be coming home before leaving to hunt.
If You’re Injured in a Hunting accident, Contact Morrow, Gates & Morrow
If you or a loved one are injured in a hunting accident, the attorneys at Morrow, Gates & Morrow can help ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries. Our team has experience handling cases involving hunting accidents and will guide you through the legal process while fighting hard to protect your rights.
Need a personal injury attorney due to an accident?
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Morrow, Gates & Morrow our attorneys are highly experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident, contact us immediately at (337) 942-6529. Our attorneys will guide you through the entire legal process and fight to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.