Back to School Safety Tips
Photo Credit: Adobe Stock
It’s back-to-school time again, so here are a few tips for parents and students to help everyone stay safe as the school year begins.
Driving Safely in School Zones
- Watch closely for school zone signs and signals – and always obey the speed limit
- Watch for and obey the signals of school crossing guards
- Stay well back from school buses that are loading and unloading kids
- NEVER drive around a school bus when its STOP signs are out
Riding a Bicycle to School
- Make sure the school allows kids to ride bikes to school (some don’t)
- Make sure your child wears a helmet and obeys the rules of the road
- Determine the safest route between home and school
Walking to School
- Determine the best route and have your child take it every day (no detours)
- Always use public sidewalks and streets
- Have your child walk with other students when possible
School Bus Safety
- Make sure your kids are at the bus stop at least five minutes ahead of time
- Teach your child to stay out of the street and allow no horseplay at the bus stop
- Tell your child to let the bus come to a complete stop before getting on or off
Need a personal injury attorney due to an accident?
Put your trust in Morrow, Gates and Morrow.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Morrow, Gates & Morrow our attorneys are highly experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Contact us right away by phone (337) 942-6529 after any personal injury. Morrow, Gates & Morrow, LLC. can review your case and help you get compensated and hold the other party responsible.
If you have been in an accident, do not hesitate to get help.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: closed
We represent clients in all of Louisiana as well as other states including, but not limited to Texas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida
Legal Disclaimer: The content of Morrow, Gates and Morrow LLC’s website is for informational purposes only. Do not construe the content and information of this website to be legal advice. Morrow, Gates & Morrow does not promise or guarantee any result for services rendered.
The blog posts from Morrow, Gates & Morrow consist of hypothetical scenarios, opinions and generic information. These scenarios are in no way meant to assess blame on any party in real-life situations and are presented for informational purposes only.