Back to School Safety Tips
Photo Credit: Adobe Stock
It’s back-to-school time again, so here are a few tips for parents and students to help everyone stay safe as the school year begins.
Driving Safely in School Zones
- Watch closely for school zone signs and signals – and always obey the speed limit
- Watch for and obey the signals of school crossing guards
- Stay well back from school buses that are loading and unloading kids
- NEVER drive around a school bus when its STOP signs are out
Riding a Bicycle to School
- Make sure the school allows kids to ride bikes to school (some don’t)
- Make sure your child wears a helmet and obeys the rules of the road
- Determine the safest route between home and school
Walking to School
- Determine the best route and have your child take it every day (no detours)
- Always use public sidewalks and streets
- Have your child walk with other students when possible
School Bus Safety
- Make sure your kids are at the bus stop at least five minutes ahead of time
- Teach your child to stay out of the street and allow no horseplay at the bus stop
- Tell your child to let the bus come to a complete stop before getting on or off
Need a personal injury attorney due to an accident?
Put your trust in Morrow, Gates and Morrow.
If you or a loved one are injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you should seek legal assistance immediately. At Morrow, Gates & Morrow our attorneys are highly experienced in handling personal injury cases of all types and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.